Full Paper Submission Instructions
Please note that this section is only applicable for authors who have been notified (in November 2018) that their abstract has been accepted for an oral or poster presentation during IOR 2019.
The deadline for uploading your full paper is 1 February 2019 (23:59 hrs, GMT +1).
Anti - Plagiarism Statement
EAGE conferences invite the presentation of new and original material in a range of multi-disciplinary topics in Geoscience and Engineering. The EAGE takes plagiarism very seriously. Therefore, if an extended abstract or paper, after careful review, examination and consideration, is rejected on the basis of plagiarism, ALL authors of the abstract/paper will be denied the opportunity for further abstract submissions for the following three years. Note that this means that NO abstracts/papers from ANY of the authors (as author or co-author on subsequent papers) will be accepted for ANY EAGE event (Annual Meeting or Workshop) for a period of three years starting on the date of the event for which the paper was originally submitted.
Please note that all full papers will be checked using anti-plagiarism software.
Publication and cancellation information
The accepted papers are published on EarthDoc, which is an official EAGE publication, as submitted. Badly written papers not only reflect poorly on the authors, but also on the association. Many more people read the papers than those attending the presentation. Therefore EAGE will only consider properly written and informative full papers that are submitted in line with the below stated guidelines.
In case authors want to withdraw their presentation and the accompanying full paper: this can be done until 15 March 2019 23:59 hrs (GMT+1.
- Withdrawal of abstracts until 15 March 2019: your abstract will be removed from EarthDoc.
- Cancellations of presentations after 15 March 2019, 23:59 hrs (GMT+1) may be considered as a no-show and you risk being disqualified from presenting at all EAGE events for the next 3 years.
Please note: EAGE cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, direct, indirect or consequential damage as a result of withdrawal, removal or non-removal of the abstract in any way.
Authors are encouraged to submit their material for publication in one of the journals of the association. Acceptance for the conference does not guarantee acceptance for publication in one of the journals and submissions for journal articles will need to adhere to a different set of requirements.
EAGE cannot make any contributions toward coverage of expenses relating to the presentation.
How to upload a full paper:
- Go to the IOR 2019 Call for Abstracts Portal and log in
- Under Edit Abstracts, find your accepted paper(s) (see column 'Status')
- Click on the Edit button next to 'Full Paper'
- Upload your full paper
- If you wish, update your Summary by clicking on the Edit button next to 'Summary'
You may upload or edit your full paper at any time until 1 February 2019. After this date the accepted papers will be locked to start preparing the Event Proceedings.
It is not possible to edit the presentation title, or add or remove authors while editing your submission. Should you wish to change the presenting author, please inform us by filling in the Presenter Name Confirmation Form. If you wish to add co-authors or change the title, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines full paper
Your paper needs to be written in the IOR 2019 template (Word: 995kB) and according to the guidelines as stated below at "Layout Full Paper". After your full paper is finalized it should be uploaded using the online submission module before the deadline of 1 February 2019. Should you wish to use LaTeX to create your full paper, a template can be downloaded here.
The full paper can be uploaded as a MS Word or a PDF document. In case of a PDF document, please do not protect it.
Layout full paper
The full paper should be a minimum of eight (8) full A4 pages in length. A cover page will later on be created by EAGE and should therefore not be included in the full paper. The paper should be set in the template, consist of an introduction, the main description of theory or method broken down as appropriate and illustrated with figures, conclusions, optional acknowledgements and references. Papers that consist of less than eight (8) full pages will not be published and may be removed from the Technical Programme. The paper should consist of text and appropriate figures supporting the key message. Please avoid the use of any trade names.
- Do not use more than 1 column, do not frame the text and please upload the body of your full paper as one document with embedded figures.
- Start the body text of your extended abstract directly under the IOR 2019 logo.
- Use font ‘Times New Roman 11pts’ with single line spacing. Set the alignment as justified and use the standard Word outline level (body text).
- Use 2,54 cm (1”) for top, bottom, left and right margin.
- The notation of the references should be consistent with the style guide for references in the First Break guidance for authors. Please ensure every citation has a reference and vice versa. The references should be in the same font as body text and separated with a single line break.
- Number the figures sequentially, according to their appearance in the text, and check that each figure is cited in the text.
- Supply a short caption for each figure; more detailed discussion of the figure can be reserved for the text. Further information about the use of figure captions and figure numbering can be found in the First Break guidance for authors. The caption should be in Italic, with only the figure numbering (i.e. "Figure 1") in bold as is also shown in the template itself.
Should you have any questions regarding the full paper procedure, please let us know through email@example.com.