Second EAGE Workshop on Well Injectivity & Productivity in Carbonates
Information for Chairman
Session Chair information
Speakers and chairman of the workshop are entitled to register for the Early Registration fees. To access this registration page, please click here to be directed to the registration page of the workshop, powered by Edison.
The Session Chairpersons have three key duties:
1. Reviews before the session
- All session chairmen are to review copies of the extended abstracts in their session via www.earthdoc.org. This is to become acquainted with the topic and to prepare a couple of extra questions in case there are none from the audience.
- Papers will be available online from Wednesday 29 November 2017.
2. Manage the session
- Start a couple of minutes before the indicated session starting time with an introduction of the session's objective, the presentations and give a short introduction of yourself.
- Stress the importance of time keeping throughout: 20 minutes to speak plus 5 mins for Q&A.
- Before each talk, introduce the speaker using the biographies provided by EAGE.
- Manage the question time.
- Always have a couple of questions prepared should there be no questions from the audience.
- Inform the audience (continually) that their name/organisation should be mentioned before asking questions.
- During the discussion sessions address "big" questions brought forward throughout the event.
- Flip charts will be available for delegates to pen down questions, observations and areas of interest to be discussed.
- Notes from chairpersons are valuable for the panel discussions/wrap up
- Before the session starts check that all the speakers are present, feeling well and if possible how to pronounce their names or how they would like to be addressed. Check their presentations are loaded on the system hopefully they have run through the slides to check movies etc are working.
- Be familiar with the workings of the technical set-up.
- Start a couple of minutes before the indicated session starting time with an introduction of the session's objective, the presentations and give a short introduction of yourself. Remind the audience there is no recording or photography allowed.
- The presentations are 20 minutes apart, remember is takes about a minute to swap speakers so take this into account when handling the questions part of the session.
- At the end of the session wrap up thank the speakers and set the ground rules for the following break e.g. time to be back in the room or hand over to someone to explain logistics.
3. Write a summary
- Session chair persons are asked to write a half-page-summary of the session they chair to help the Co-Chairs of the workshop to compile an overview workshop report. This should be emailed to EAGE before 31 December 2017. The report will then be published in March 2018 issue of First Break magazine