PACE Travel Grant
PACE Travel Grant
The PACE programme supports individual geoscientists from developing countries to participate actively in our events. This support is available for accepted speakers. The PACE support application form for a specific event is accessible through the event’s website. On this page you can find (below) which upcoming events are selected for PACE support.
PACE travel grants are managed by the PACE committee of the EAGE.
In order to qualify for PACE financial support, please take the following criteria into consideration:
- Only presenters of accepted oral and/or poster presentations who cannot obtain financial support given by their university/institute or other resources will be eligible to receive a grant.
- A person will only be considered for a financial support once every two years.
The PACE committee has a limited budget for travel grants per year. The PACE committee wants to give fair chances to requesting geoscientists to be awarded a travel grant.
The PACE grants are not a full reimbursement of costs but a considerable contribution towards the costs. The height amount of the grants are determined and set by country of residence.
When the number of eligible requests per event exceed the budget, the following preference rules will be applied:
Preference will be first given to:
- delegates that have not received PACE or STUDENT FUND grants before;
- delegates that are an EAGE (student) Member
- a quorum will be given per country based on the EAGE membership in that country (with a minimum of one delegate) relative to the total number of applications for an event, whereby applications within the quorum will be accepted in order of date of application.
Note that the supported events will be published ahead on the PACE support page on the EAGE website including the opening and closing deadlines for applications. Applications received outside the deadlines will not be considered. Seen the number of applications, the decision of the PACE committee is final and cannot be corresponded about. Awarded grants cannot be transferred to other people or events, when not collected/used the right to the grant is forfeited.
Recent Events (applications closed)
|Event||Number of Grants (Persons)|
|EAGE Tyumen 2017 (Tyumen, Russia, March 2017)||1|
|79th Annual EAGE Conference & Exhibition (Paris, France, June 2017)||60|
|Near Surface Geoscience 2017 (Malmo, Sweden, September 2017)||26|
|Saint Petersburg 2018 (Saint Petersburg, Russia, April 2018)||(in process)|
|Event||PACE application open||PACE application deadline|
EAGE-HAGI 1st Asia Pacific Meeting on Near Surface Geoscience & Engineering
|Late November 2017||T.b.c.|
|Engineering and Mining Geophysics 2018
(Almaty, Kazakhstan, April 2017)
|Early December 2017||15 February 2018|
|80th EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2018
(Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2018)
|Early December 2017||31 January 2018|
|Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2018
(Porto, Portugal, September 2018)